If you have any questions or concerns about our use of your personal information, then please contact us using the contact details provided at the bottom of this Privacy Notice.
What does MetroCity AI do?
MetroCity AI helps our Partner Companies gain a competitive advantage in the modern talent marketplace with cloud-based video interviewing, assessments, scheduling, and AI. Our Partner Companies can use our software to schedule and conduct video interviews or can combine our video interviewing software with our other tool(s) which involves the use of artificial intelligence in order to strengthen the customer’s human decision-making in the recruitment process. A more detailed description of our tool can be found at the “Solutions/Pricing” tab of our Website.
Our headquarters is in Quezon City, Philippines but work with affiliates, service providers and Partner Companies all around the globe. For more information about MetroCity AI, please see the “About Us” section of our Website and to see specific product information please see our “Solutions/Pricing” tab of our Website.
What personal information does MetroCity AI collect through the Website?
The personal information that we may collect about you through the Website generally falls into the following categories:
Information that you voluntarily provide
Certain parts of our Website may ask you to voluntarily provide personal information: for example, we may ask you to provide your contact details in order to request a demo or register an account. When you visit our Website, we may automatically collect certain information from your device. In some countries, including countries in the European Economic Area, this information may be considered personal information under applicable data protection laws.
Specifically, the information we automatically collect may include information like your IP address, device type, unique device identification numbers, browser-type, broad geographic location (e.g. country or city-level location) and other technical information. We may also collect information about how your device has interacted with our Website, including the pages accessed and links clicked.
Collecting this information enables us to better understand the visitors who come to our Website, where they come from, and what content on our Website is of interest to them. We use this information for our internal analytics purposes and to improve the quality and relevance of our Website to our visitors.
Information that we obtain from third party sources
We may receive personal information about you from third party sources from time to time, but only where we have checked that these third parties either have your consent or are otherwise legally permitted or required to disclose your personal information to us.
The types of information we collect from third parties include general geo location information to identify what state and country you are visiting our site from, and we use the information we receive from these third parties to ensure inquiries and other requests are routed to the appropriate team for processing as promptly as possible.
What information does MetroCity AI collect through the Services?
If you are a job applicant (“Applicant”) or employee (“Employee”) using our Services on behalf of one of our Partner Companies who are engaging us to provide the Services to them (the “Partner Companies”), we are collecting and processing your personal information on behalf of the Partner Companies. In such cases, we are acting as a data processor and are collecting and processing your personal information on their behalf and in accordance with their instructions. The types of information typically collected are described in detail in this section below. What we do not collect, and you should not be asked by Partner Companies to provide to MetroCity AI, are things like protected health information, financial information, date of birth, social security or other government-issued identification number, and other sensitive personal information.
It is primarily the Partner Companies who must ensure that your personal information is collected and processed in accordance with data protection laws. Therefore, if you have questions or concerns about the handling of your personal data, you should contact the relevant Partner Company directly or refer to their separate privacy policies.
The following outlines the types of personal information that we will typically collect through the Services on behalf of our Partner Companies:
Information that you voluntarily provide
In using the Services, Applicants and Employees may be required to provide certain personal information about themselves – for example, their name, contact details, e-mail, username, and password, and other information as requested by the Partner Company. Applicants may complete a job interview through the Services which can include information such as work history, skills, experience, abilities, work style and other responses to questions, as well as submissions through a variety of types of media including video/audio interviews, questionnaires, and the like.
Information that we automatically collect
When you use the Services, we may automatically collect certain information from your device. In some countries, including countries in the European Economic Area and the UK, this information may be considered personal information under applicable data protection laws. Specifically, this information may include IP addresses, other unique device IDs or addresses, web browser and/or device type, the pages you view on the Services and the dates and times you visit, access or use the Service.
Information that we automatically collect
From time to time, we may receive personal information about you from third party sources, but only where we have checked that these third parties either have your consent or are otherwise legally permitted or required to disclose your personal information to us.
How does MetroCity AI use this information?
MetroCity AI may use your personal information in a variety of ways for the operation of the Website and its Services, including:
- To operate, maintain, enhance, and provide all of the features and services found on the Website and Services, to personalize the Website and Services for your preferences and interests.
- To contact you for administrative purposes regarding the Services, for customer service purposes, or regarding content that you have posted to the Service.
- To understand and analyze the usage trends, interests, and preferences of our users, to improve the way the Website and Services works and looks, and to create new features and functionality.
- To improve and improve our artificial intelligence such as, but not limited to, training and fine tuning.
- MetroCity AI may now or in the future use “automatically collected” information and “cookies” information to: (a) personalize our services, such as remembering your information so that you will not have to re-enter it during your visit or the next time you visit the Website or Services; (b) monitor and analyze the effectiveness of the application and evaluation activities; (c) monitor aggregate usage metrics such as total number of users, pages and media and features of the Website or Service accessed, etc.; and (d) track your entries, submissions, and status, including the ways in which you may interact with the Services.
- Where it is in accordance with your preferences, to send emails related to the products and services we think you may be interested in. You will have the ability to opt-out of receiving any such communications, either through links provided in the messages, or by updating your account preferences through the Services.
Who does MetroCity AI share my personal information with?
We may disclose your personal information to the following categories of recipients:
- to the Partner Company;
- to our group companies, third party services providers and partners who provide data processing services to us (for example, to support the delivery of, provide functionality on, or help to enhance the security and features of our Website and Services), or who otherwise process personal information for purposes that are described in this Privacy Notice or notified to you when we collect your personal information;
- to any competent law enforcement body, regulatory, government agency, court or other third party where we believe disclosure is necessary (i) as a matter of applicable law or regulation, (ii) to exercise, establish or defend our legal rights, or (iii) to protect your vital interests or those of any other person;
- in connection with any proposed purchase, reorganization, merger or acquisition of any part of our business, provided that we inform the buyer it must use your personal information only for the purposes disclosed in this Privacy Notice;
- to any other person with your consent to the disclosure.
Legal basis for processing personal information of Website visitors (EEA visitors only)
If you are a Website visitor from the European Economic Area or the UK, our legal basis for collecting and using the personal information described above will depend on the personal information concerned and the specific context in which we collect it.
However, we will normally collect personal information from you only where we have your consent to do so, where we need the personal information to perform a contract with you, to perform a contract with the Partner Company as a service provider/data processor, or where the processing is in our legitimate interests and not overridden by your data protection interests or fundamental rights and freedoms. In some cases, we may also have a legal obligation to collect personal information from you or may otherwise need the personal information to protect your vital interests or those of another person.
If we ask you to provide personal information to comply with a legal requirement or to perform a contract with you, we will make this clear at the relevant time and advise you whether the provision of your personal information is mandatory or not (as well as of the possible consequences if you do not provide your personal information).
Similarly, if we collect and use your personal information in reliance on our legitimate interests (or those of any third party), which are not already referred to above, we will make clear to you at the relevant time what those legitimate interests are.
If you have questions about or need further information concerning the legal basis on which we collect and use your personal information, please contact us using the contact details provided under the “How to contact us” heading below.
Cookies and similar tracking technology
How does MetroCity AI keep my personal information secure?
We use appropriate technical and organizational measures to protect the personal information that we collect and process about you. The measures we use are designed to provide a level of security appropriate to the risk of processing your personal information. However, please be aware that no physical or technical system is completely secure or immune from outages, losses, attacks, circumvention, design or implementation flaws, and human error. Therefore, we cannot and do not ensure or warrant that information you transmit to MetroCity AI will not be lost or compromised, either during or after transmission.
You are responsible for maintaining the secrecy of your unique password and account information at all times, to the extent your access includes an account and password (Applicants do not have an account and password when using the Services).
International data transfers
Your personal information may be transferred to, and processed in, countries other than the country in which you are resident. These countries may have data protection laws that are different to the laws of your country (and, in some cases, may not be as protective).
Specifically, unless otherwise required by local law, our Website and Services are hosted in the USA, the EEA, or in Singapore. Also, your personal information may be transferred to and processed in other countries around the world where our group companies and third-party service providers and partners operate including in the USA, the UK, the European Union/European Economic Area, Singapore, and the Philippines. This means that when we collect your personal information, we may process it in any of these locations.
However, we have taken appropriate safeguards to require that your personal information will remain protected in accordance with this Privacy Notice and applicable laws. If you are from the EEA or the UK, these include implementing the European Commission’s Standard Contractual Clauses for transfers of personal information between our group companies, and with our third-party service providers and partners. The Standard Contractual Clauses require non-EEA companies to protect EEA and UK personal information they process in accordance with European Economic Area data protection law.
We retain personal information we collect from you where we have an ongoing legitimate business need to do so (for example, to provide you with a service you have requested or to comply with applicable legal, tax or accounting requirements).
When we have no ongoing legitimate business need to process your personal information, we will either delete or anonymize it or, if this is not possible (for example, because your personal information has been stored in backup archives), then we will securely store your personal information and isolate it from any further processing until deletion is possible.
Where we are collecting personal information on behalf of our Partner Companies (Partner Companies), we will retain the personal information in accordance with our services agreements with them and their instructions
Your data protection rights
Under applicable data protection laws, you have the following data protection rights in respect of your personal information collected through the Website:
- If you wish to access, correct, update or request deletion of your personal information, you can do so at any time by contacting us using the contact details provided under the “How to contact us” heading below.
- In addition, if you are a resident of the European Economic Area, you can object to processing of your personal information, ask us to restrict processing of your personal information or request portability of your personal information. Again, you can exercise these rights by contacting us using the contact details provided under the “How to contact us” heading below.
- Similarly, if we have collected and process your personal information with your consent, then you can withdraw your consent at any time. Withdrawing your consent will not affect the lawfulness of any processing we conducted prior to your withdrawal, nor will it affect processing of your personal information conducted in reliance on lawful processing grounds other than consent.
- You have the right to complain to a data protection authority about our collection and use of your personal information. For more information, please contact your local data protection authority. (Contact details for data protection authorities in the European Economic Area, Switzerland and certain non-European countries (including the US and Canada) are available here.)
We respond to all requests we receive from individuals whose information was collected through using this Website wishing to exercise their data protection rights in accordance with applicable data protection laws. To protect your privacy and security, we take reasonable steps to verify your identity before granting you account access or making corrections to your information.
Third Party Services:
The Website and Services may contain references and links to other websites and services provided by third parties, including Partner Companies. Any personal information you provide on third party sites or services (including communications between Applicants or Employees and Partner Companies through the Service) is provided directly to that third party and is subject to that third party’s policies governing privacy and security. We are not responsible for the content or privacy and security practices and policies of third-party sites or services to which links are displayed on the Service. We encourage you to learn about third parties’ privacy and security policies before providing them with your personal information.
Updates to this Privacy Notice
We may update this Privacy Notice from time to time in response to changing legal, technical or business developments. When we update our Privacy Notice, we will take appropriate measures to inform you, consistent with the significance of the changes we make. We will obtain your consent to any material Privacy Notice changes if and where this is required by applicable data protection laws.
How to contact us
If you have any questions or concerns about our use of your personal information, please contact us using the following details:
MetroCity AI Inc.
UPSCALE Innovation Hub
3/F, Juinio Hall, National Engineering Center
F. Agoncillo Street cor. Osmeña Avenue,
University of the Philippines Diliman,
Quezon City, Metro Manila, Philippines 1101
MetroCity AI Data Protection Officer:
Date last updated: April 5, 2022
- What kind of information do we collect?
Information you provide
Please find below the type of information we may require from you in order to provide our services on the Platform:
- full name
- phone number
- address, postal code, city, state
- e-mail address
- date of birth
- your username and password when you register for an account
- IP address
- career related information (e.g. education, job history)
- CV or resume
- the answers you give to questions
- the video answers you give to questions
- communications between you and us
In some cases, you may provide personal data to us about other people (such as Job Applicants). You must ensure that you have given those individuals an appropriate notice that you are providing their information to us and have obtained their consent to that disclosure.
Information we collect when you use our Platform:
- Log files:We collect information that your browser sends whenever you visit our Platform. This log file information may include information such as your computer’s Internet Protocol address, browser type, browser version, the pages of our Platform that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages, and other statistics.
- Google:Google Ads remarketing service is provided by Google Inc. You can opt-out of Google Analytics for Display Advertising and customize the Google Display Network ads by visiting Google Ads Settings. Google also recommends installing the Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on for your web browser. This service provides visitors with the ability to prevent their data from being collected and used by Google Analytics. For more information on the privacy practices of Google, please visit the Google Privacy & Terms web page.
- Pixels: We use tracking pixels from Facebook and LinkedIn for marketing and customer service purposes.
- How do we use your personal data?
We use your personal data to help us provide and support (the services on) our Platform. Here is how:
- Service provision:we use the information to implement, promote, and administer the job openings you create, develop, and publish;
- Communication:sending emails, newsletters, and other messages to keep you informed of the Platform. You may opt out of receiving any, or all, of these communications from us by following the unsubscribe instructions. We also use the personal data to deal with inquiries and complaints made by you relating to the Platform and to address your questions, issues, and concerns;
- Website monitoring:to check the Platform and our other technology services are being used appropriately and to optimize their functionality;
- Platform optimization:improve, test, and monitor the effectiveness of our Platform and diagnose or fix technology problems;
- Managing suppliers:who deliver services to us;
- Easy access:to help you efficiently access your information after you sign in and to remember information so you will not have to re-enter it during your visit or the next time you visit the Platform;
- Statistics:monitor metrics such as total number of visitors, traffic, demographic patterns, and patterns in our test results (on an anonymized and aggregated basis);
- Development:develop and test new products and features.
- Benchmarks:use aggregated and anonymized test scores and aggregated demographics to provide benchmarks to our Company Partners and improve our services.
- Our reasons for using your personal data
We will process your personal data for a number of reasons:
- you have given us consent;
- processing is necessary for our legitimate business interests or those of a third party, provided this does not override any interests or rights that you have as an individual.
Our legitimate interests are:
- managing our business and relationship with you or your company or organization;
- understanding and responding to inquiries and User feedback;
- understanding how our Users use the Platform;
- identifying what our Users want and developing our relationship with you, your company or organization;
- improving our Platform and offerings;
- managing our supply chain;
- developing relationships with business partners;
- sharing data in connection with acquisitions and transfers of our business.
- With whom do we share your personal data?
We share your information with others as follows:
- Company Partners: We only share information of Company Partners and its users with prior consent from Company Partners. We will not rent or sell your information to any third parties;
- Jobapplicant Scores: We share information of Job Applicants with Company Partners who applied to their respective job posts
- Suppliers: who support our business including IT and communication suppliers, outsourced business support, business intelligence, marketing, and advertising agencies, and back-up vendors. Our suppliers have to meet standards regarding information security and they will only be provided data in line with their function.
- Legal requests and preventing harm: We may access, preserve and share your personal data in response to a legal request (like a search warrant, court order, or subpoena) if we have a good faith belief that the law requires us to do so. We may also access, preserve and share information when we have a good faith belief it is necessary to (i) detect, prevent and address fraud and other illegal activity and (ii) to protect ourselves, you, and others, including as part of investigations. Information we receive about you may be accessed, processed, and retained for an extended period of time when it is the subject of a legal request or obligation, governmental investigation, or investigations concerning possible violations of our terms or policies, or otherwise to prevent harm.
- Safety and security
MetroCity AI has taken appropriate technical and organizational measures by using the latest technologies to protect your personal data against loss or unlawful processing. We use safeguards to help keep the information collected through the Platform secure and take steps (such as requesting a unique password) to verify your identity before granting you access to your account. However, we cannot ensure the security of any information you transmit to us or guarantee that information on the Platform may not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed. We request you to do your part to help us. You are responsible for maintaining the secrecy of your unique password and account information, and for controlling access to emails between you and us, at all times. We are not responsible for the functionality, privacy, or security measures of any other organization.
- Your Rights
If you are resident in the European Union, in accordance with European Union privacy law, you have the following rights in respect of your personal information that we hold:
- Access: you are entitled to ask us if we are processing your personal data and, if we are, you can request access to your personal data. This enables you to receive a copy of the personal data we hold about you and certain other information about it;
- Correction: you are entitled to request that any incomplete or inaccurate personal data we hold about you is corrected;
- Erasure: you are entitled to ask us to delete or remove personal data in certain circumstances. There are also certain exceptions where we may refuse a request for erasure, for example, where the personal data is required for compliance with law or in connection with claims;
- Restriction: you are entitled to ask us to suspend the processing of certain of your personal data about you, for example, if you want us to establish its accuracy or the reason for processing it;
- Portability: you have the right, in certain circumstances, to receive a copy of the personal information you have provided to us in a structured, commonly used, machine-readable format that supports re-use, or to request the transfer of your personal data to another person;
- Objection: where we are processing your personal data based on a legitimate interest (or those of a third party), you may challenge this. However, we may be entitled to continue processing your information. You also have the right to object where we are processing your personal information for direct marketing purposes;
- Automated decisions: you may contest any automated decision made about you where this has a legal or similar significant effect and ask for it to be reconsidered;
- Consent: where we are processing personal data with consent, you can withdraw your consent.
Residents in other jurisdictions may have similar rights to the above. If you want to exercise any of these rights, please contact at hello [@] metrocity.ai.
You also have a right to lodge a complaint with a data protection supervisory authority in the Republic of the Philippines, in particular in a member state in the European Union where you are habitually resident, where we are based, or where an alleged infringement of Data Protection law has taken place.
- Third-party applications, websites, and services
- How long do we keep your data?
We generally keep your information only as long as needed to provide the services on our Platform. We will retain your information as necessary to comply with legal, accounting, or regulatory requirements. The retention period for Job Applicants that is available to Company Partners (e.g. name, email address, videos, and scores) is compliant with the Data Privacy Act 2012 of the Republic of the Philippines.
- Where will your information be held?
Your information will be held on servers in Singapore. We will take steps to protect your information in line with locally applicable data protection requirements.
Our Platform does not address anyone under the age of 16 (“Children”). We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from children under 16. If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your Children have provided us with personal data, please contact us. If we become aware that we have collected personal data from a child under age 16 without verification of parental consent, we take steps to remove that information from our servers.
- Changes to this Policy
- How to contact us
Date last updated: April 5, 2022